Thursday, March 5, 2015

2 cities, 2 weeks, 2 apartments. Our accommodations await!

So the trip is set.  We have airline tickets, we have train tickets, we have a few museum tickets, we have a tour to Pompeii ticket and we have booked two apartments -- one in Florence, our first stop and one in Rome.  We leave behind a demolished kitchen (thank you, black mold), but what the heck.

AirBnB won't let me copy and paste photos of the apartments, so here is the link to the apartment we've rented in Florence:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1293296

2 levels (we had a 2-level in Paris and loved it) and 2 BATHROOMS!!  The one drawback I always face on vacation is having to share a bathroom.  At least for the first 5 days, I can spread all my stuff out in my own bathroom space.  Yay.  This apartment is only a 5-minute walk from the main train station in Florence.  Looks like a wonderfully central location.

On March 21, we take the train back down to Rome and stay here:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1478063

Another centrally located (if I've read the map on the listing correctly) place from whence we will explore the city I've wanted to visit since I took Latin 1 in the 9th grade.  What took me so long, I'll never know, but at least I'm finally visiting it. 

1 comment: